Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Which Sora Armstrong?

So I am going to get this out of the way now, I am training Sora ARMSTRONG!!! Yes, I am dead serious yes she is the coolest human ever! The way President told us was, we are standing in the foyer of the office and we say a cheesy line about the area and then the trainer from that area would stand in the center of the group and then he read the trainee's name. So it got down to me, Sora Trebas and Sora Koth and then Sora armstrong, Green, and Rich left. I put my arms around Sora Koth and Trebas and I was like one of you is going to get Sora Srmstrong! Then I heard President kind of giggle and I was like no way in all the Heavens and Earth would he ever put us together which is such a bummer because she is so cute. So then Sora Rich goes with Sora Koth and I'm like cool Sora Green is my new colega! Then President says Sora Trebas and Sora Green and me and Sora Armstrong's mouths DROPPED. Then we hugged, it was an was a sold hug to. Then I looked at President and I was like Really? For real? He had this giant smile on his face and he said "this is not just because of your names, you two are going to do amazing things together... just be Armstrong." Cue all the jokes. Every time someone calls we get a joke about "May I speak to Sora Armstrong" The Elders are having a lot of fun with it. The members are very confused by it. The call me "Sora Armstrong cea mare" which is like Sora Armstrong the older. But yeah we love it and we have a lot of fun with it. Sora Armstrong is AMAZING. Never have I seen a missionary with such stronger desire. Not only does she have the desire but she ACTS on the desire. It is beautiful to see. She is a contacting fiend.  She is already helping plan for lessons and participating in them. She is powerful. Obedience is an expectation for her, there is no other option. She is pushing me to become a better missionary and I am so grateful for that. She has an incredible love for the people her. Sora Armstrong is a missionary of integrity and I am honored to get to serve with her. I know that this companionship has been divinely appointed and our names are just a coincidence but we are striving to live up to them and having a lot of fun while doing it.Okay on to my amazing week,
Saying goodbye to Sora Barrera and Sora Sayre was hard man. They are two of the most solid missionaries in this mission but they are going to awesome things at home and they both promised they would write me, even though Sora Sayre is slacking, I am sure I will get one from her at some point.
We FINALLY got back to my spot called Constanta and proceeded to have an AMAZING week!
We had two lessons with Alesea. We testified to her of the Restoration and then she brought up the priesthood and said she would like a priesthood blessing to feel comfort and peace. She has been struggling recently with the decision to get baptized because she knows her family will be against it. So on Saturday Sora Armstrong felt we should share Alma 32 with her. We read through and told her that her faith had not yet brought forth fruit. My stomach dropped when I said that. I thought I had offended her but she just looked up and said you are right. So if I get baptized do I have to tell my family? She then answered her own question saying that of this is right it doesn't matter. She then planned her baptism for August. After Elder Robinson gave her a beautiful blessing where he made her some very bold promises Alesea decided she wants to do it sooner!!! The spirit was SO POWERFUL!!! We are setting a date on Thursday!
Another miracle this week is that Alexandru received the Priesthood FINALLY!!! We had a lesson with him this week where he really opened to us and just explained how unsure his future is, he cannot continue to work in television because of all the temptation that is there. We could just feel his anguish. I had one of the most powerful experiences on my mission in that lesson. I looked at him and said "The answers you need are in the Book of Mormon, if you will read from it, every morning for 30 minutes you will receive guidance" He just looked at me and asked me how I was so convinced and I told him as a representative of Jesus Christ we have the authority to make these promises. He promised he would do it. When we left he still was not sure about the Priesthood but on Sunday he RECEIVED IT!!!! We were quite surprised, when I asked him about it he said he had received revelation that Sunday that it was what he needed to do.

HUMANS, we are putting this church on the map here in Romania and Moldova, I am honored to have the opportunity to interact with the people that I interact with on a daily basis. They are INCREDIBLE. I am honored to be a member of this church but more so I am so humbled by my knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ. This GOSPEL is TRUE, the church part is just kind of a side effect. God and Jesus Christ appeared to a 14 year old Joseph Smith and restored through him the EXACT SAME gospel that Christ established and taught while he was on the earth. You think I'm crazy for believing this? Give it a try, read from the Book of Mormon and then get on your knees and ask your Father in Heaven if this is the gospel of Jesus Christ. I BEG you to do this because I LOVE YOU. Because through this gospel you will develop a stronger relationship with your Savior than you have ever had.
Love you all! Keep looking for that one!
Sora Armstrong cea mare

                                                           Brittany's MTC Roommates
                                                  Sora Rouston, B, Sora Trebas, Sora Koth

                                                      
                                                        Brittany with Sora Armstrong
                                           Brittany with members from her 1st area, Ploiesti

No comments:

Post a Comment