Monday, February 9, 2015

Time is Flying by in Romania

Wow, yet another week in Romania. Seriously, time in the mission field makes 0 sense, there are days that feel like years, then there are weeks that feel like hours.
This week we visited a lot of members. President Ivory came to the Ploiesti branch and bore his testimony and taught third hour in Romanian. It is pretty incredible, he is a great example to us of someone that is 100 percent dedicated to these people and this mission. We talked about the need to strengthen the members here, so many of them have sacrificed so much for this church. These people are the pioneers of the church here in Romania and I am so humbled to have the opportunity to serve them.
We met with a in-active woman this week and we discussed the Book of Mormon. She bore her testimony and she said "when I read it, I felt it was true" wow was that refreshing hear. I know that Heavenly Father gave me and Sora Allen that experience to remind us that there are people here in Romania, ready for this gospel and that through the Book of Mormon they will find the truth. 
This week we did a lot of English Contacting, this means walking up to the people on the street and just telling them we teach free English, our zone leaders challenged us to get as many numbers as we can from people so that we can call them today and remind them about English. Being the insanely competitive person I am, I got way into this. One day after about 2 hours of walking around just asking people for their phone numbers we took a break. It just hit me, I thought who would have thought that at 19 years old I would be walking around Ploiesti, Romania offering free English classes to random people on the street and having conversations with them in Romanian? That is nuts, but I am doing it and I am LOVING it. 
This email is a little short I am sorry. But let me just tell you how much I love the Romanian people. These people are strong, they are resilient, they are incredibly, frustratingly stubborn, but at the same time they are so loving. Rarely do you walk into a Romanian's home without being offered food and juice. I am so grateful for this opportunity I have to be here for this opportunity I have to share my testimony of my savior Jesus Christ with those choice spirits that the Lord has prepared. 
I love you all! Thank you so much for the prayers and the kind emails!
Va iubesc!
Sora Armstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment