Monday, February 9, 2015

Winter Is Back!!!

Familia si Prietenii mele
Ce Faceti? Winter is back here in Romania. We had a solid blizzard this week so that was fun, the wind was nuts. I felt like I could have just jumped up in the air and flown home to you all!
We got to celebrate Sora Allen's birthday this week and it was so much fun. I took her running in the morning so the other soras could get the apartment ready, they put up a Happy Birthday sign set all her presents up and started making breakfast burritos. When we got home they had this giant popper thing that popped off and it scared the heck out of us but it was great. Then Andrei our branch mission leader told all the members about her birthday so all day long people were calling and wishing her a Happy Birthday. She got more calls on her birthday here in Romania than I did at home! Then Sora Musat called me and she invited us over for a surprise party for Sora Allen. So I told Sora Allen we had to help with Andrea's homework and we went over there. She fed us dinner and then they brought out the best chocolate cake I have had so far in Romania and sang her La Multi Ani. Sora Allen almost cried and so did I. It was just so amazing seeing how much the members loved us and how they all went out of their way to make Sora Allen's day here so special. It really meant a lot.
This week the entire world was sick. We kept on getting calls saying people could not meet with us because they were all dying {romanians exaggerate illness a lot} so we did a lot of service this week. Saturday we got a call saying a family that we visit in the branch needed a prescription fufilled but could not get into the city to fill it. So we went out there to get the perscription. This was the day of the blizzard so Sora Allen and are just trekking through snow and winds to get this perscription. Then we made it back into the city got it filled and headed back out there in more snow and more winds and gave it to them. It was an adventure for sure and we took some pictures to document our dedication haha. I just wanted a pair of skiis so bad so we could just ski everywhere but the white handbook says no winter sports so Sora Allen wouldn't let me.
This past week we have been going through our phone and calling random potential investigator numbers and man it is terrifying. Sora Allen coaxes me into making the call and I have to explain to them in Romanian who we are and invite them to meet with us. Sometimes I end up just chucking the phone at the Sora Allen and she finishes out the call. We have had some cool experiences though. We have been able to set up with a few people just from reminding them about how they met two random american girls on the street that want to talk about God. So we will see how that goes.
I have been thinking a lot this week about our Savior. Sometimes I get to wrapped up in trying to figure out how I can be better without inviting my Savior to help me be better. I need to remind myself that I do not need to do this alone, that because of the atonement, He can help me change my heart. I think it would be incredible to be able to view others as Christ views them, to be able to feel that same love that He has for them. If I could master this, I would never say an unkind word, or never let my selfish desires get in the way of what they need. I am so grateful for the experiences I am having here. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to learn to love.

Love you all have a wonderful week!
Sora Armstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment