Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Ch Ch Changes...

What a week of changes! I said goodbye to my trainer Sora Barrera this week. That was rough. She taught me so much, I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to learn from her and I know she is going to do work over there in Moldova. We got to go to Bucharest for transfers and I got to see my good friend Sora Trebas and all the other MTC homies. We are all growing up in the mission so fast it is nuts. Then me and three new sisters headed back to Ploiesti. Four is a crowd in our apartment for sure, but we have worked out the shower thing and they are looking for a new apartment this week. All the members are super excited for the new soras I think it makes them feel special to know that this branch is so strong that it required an extra set.
This week we had some solid lessons with Georgiana. We talked a lot about Jesus Christ and about why we need the gospel in our lives. Again it hit me how important this gospel is to me and how different my life would be without it. I could not have overcome anything without the strength of my Savior and I just want Georgiana to understand how much the gospel can help her. She is young, so we are taking the lessons a little but slower and doing our best to keep her involved. We just got to get her reading the Book of Mormon regularly. We also had a lesson with Alexandra a recent convert about an Elaine S. Dalton talk. The one where she says Wherever thou are act thy part. I love that. We talked about our talents. I realized that Alexandra had never had anyone tell her she had talents from God that she could use to change lives. For young women growing up in the church we hear that almost weekly it is common knowledge but there are so many young women around the world that do not know they have talents and that do not understand that impact they can make. I was very grateful for the opportunity I had to share that with Alexandra. We challenged her to write down her talents and then to choose ones she wants to develop. 
Teaching with Sora Allen is fun sometimes we have no idea what is going on, because neither of us have been here for very long but we just laugh ask them to speak slower and pray for the gift of the tongues. I have no doubt this is going to be an incredible transfer.
On Saturday we had a branch activity celebrating the unifying of Romania. After the dinner someone just turned on music and all the cute old ladies just started doing these traditional dances soon enough they had dragged all the missionaries out onto the floor so all eight of us were just walking in a circle and doing our best to keep up with these 60 year old women that were incredibly light on their feet. It was hilarious. Sora Chilera had traditional Romanian clothes for us to wear too. It was so much fun! 

Well now it is time for me to go but I want to leave again with my testimony that Christ is our Savior. That through him we can do all things but we must ACT. When my faith begins to waver it is because I am not going forward but I am allowing myself to stand still. We all have talents given to us by a Heavenly Father, we must develop these talents and use them to serve those around us. We all have our own Goliaths, whether they be school, work, family, physical or mental illness, or romanian it is those Goliaths that make us who we need to be. I have learned that I cannot fight my Goliaths, all I can do is turn to the Lord and beg him for the strength to overcome my Goliath and then allow myself to learn from them. Family and Friends I love you all so much thank you for your prayers and your love!
Sora Armstrong 

P.S. Shout out to all the people that sent me Christmas cards I love them so much!!! And shout out to Mark and Kory Brown and Kate and Craig Brown for the awesome packages!!







No comments:

Post a Comment