Sunday, April 12, 2015

Because He Lives!!!!

Hello Peoples!
Happy Easter! I hope everyone is stuffed full of chocolate, and potatoes! Easter doesn't happen in Romania until the 12th.....we're on the Orthodox calender. 

Brittany's crew while watching General Conference included 
her companion (Sora Sayre), other missionaries from her zone,
the 1st Romanian member, and a woman that they are teaching
named Alesea

So General Conference was INCREDIBLE!!!! Watching it was kind of weird though. Saturday night we got the Romanian broadcast all set up to watch the Saturday morning session and not a single Romanian came! So we switched it over to English and started watching it in English. We popped the popcorn that Grandma sent and had some fun with that. Then right in the middle of the session our investigator Mercy showed up, which is awesome! She is Nigerian so she only speaks English so she just came up and watched with us. I am so grateful for General Conference this week I got to see it through the eyes of people that were not used to watching a bunch of old men in ties spout off incredible 15 minutes of straight wisdom twice a year. I realized yet again how truly incredible the organization of this church is. Our investigator Alesea came on Sunday to watch the Saturday night session and when the Mormon Tabernacle Choir came on she said “Wow how beautiful they all of the same dress even the necklace is the same!” When you grow up in the church it is the little things like that that you just get used to. I loved how a lot of the apostles talked about not becoming casual with this gospel. It is so constant in our lives that we can lose sight of how Miraculous it is. One of the biggest blessings of my mission so far is having the opportunity to watch people learn about the miracles of this gospel for the first time. I am so grateful for this gospel, for all that is has done for me. I am grateful for the opportunity that I have to study just the small and simple truths of this gospel, that Joseph Smith was a prophet that the Book of Mormon is true, that Heavenly Father has a plan for us and that through Christ we can all be made whole. If you didn’t get a chance to hear General Conference it is on lds.org. General Conference is for members and nonmembers so check it out! Seriously your life will change I promise. 

There’s my plug for GC. Moving on. We had a pretty good week this week. One night we were all getting ready for bed and Sora Seare (Not my colega, one of the other soras staying in our apartment) was talking about this martial arts move she tried to do to her colega. I was like “hey you should try it on me” So we went over to the carpet and she told me to put my arm around her neck and then she proceeded to try to throw me to the ground using my arm. Well I was not going to let that happen even if she has studied martial arts since middle school. I held my ground and she ended up in a headlock. That’s right I still got it. Then she said “ I want to try something else on you” So me being my cocky self was down for anything. I put my arm around her neck and before I know it I am flying through the air and I land on my back on the ground. She had flipped me over her head! It was so tight and then she taught me how to do it. SO now I am a martial arts champ, no bus lady is ever going to keep from getting off ever again!

 This is the Alston's

The Alston’s left this week. That was really really sad. and WE NEED A SENIOR COUPLE. If you are healthy and senior COME TO ROMANIA. The Alston's did so many incredible things here they truly changed my life for sure but also the lives of so many of the members here.
Also here is another cool story. We had a baptism last Monday actually we had three! AND it was in the BLACK SEA! So sick! The man that got baptized is named Steve, he is an american soldier serving here on the base. He has been married to a member for years and the time was just right, he also invited his two sons to be baptized with him they live in the states but were coming here for Spring Break. His sons are 13 and 10 and they reminded me a lot of a couple of brothers I now pretty well. It was AMAZING!!!!!!!! The black sea was SO COLD but they charged in there and dunked them. Steve and his wife already have a date to go to the temple and I told the 13 year old to go do baptisms as soon as he got home. The joy on their faces was indescribable. I cannot imagine how happy Sister Hannessen was to finally have her whole family together in the gospel. It was such a sweet sweet experience. They all bore their testimonies afterwards and wow Steve’s was incredible. It was a simple testimony of his love for the Savior, his family and his knowledge of Joseph Smith as a prophet. That knowledge has been in the works for a long time now and to hear him say it with such power was a testimony that the Holy Ghost does work to change our hearts as long as we have the desire.
This week as been full of lots of small miracles. I am so so so so happy and I am so so so so grateful for all that my Savior did and does for me. I know that he died like all of us but unlike all of us he rose again and because of that Because of him the sting of sin and even of death has been conquered. I love you all so much!!!!!! Have a wonderful week!
Va iubesc!
Sora Armstrong 

Sunrise in Constanta


Brother Perez is a member from Nigeria studying in Romania

Fun with Soras


No comments:

Post a Comment