Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Week #4 in the MTC

Hello Friends and Family,
I hope everyone is doing well, getting ready for Halloween and eating lots of pumpkin flavored things. The food here has not improved with the onset of Fall but that is okay I just eat a lot of Spinach and peanut butter. Life as a missionary is foarte bine (very good). This week has been the strangest week so far. 
On friday Sora Koth and I taught a lesson in english in front of a bunch of MTC teachers. I compared God to a soccer coach and the Book of Mormon to a playbook because our investigator was pretending to be a pro soccer player so that was fun. But during the lesosn I had this weird sense of longing for something like the lesson was lacking something. Then I realized it was lacking Romanian! It was at that point in time that I realized I love the Language of Romanian. Such a cool experience. I have fallen in love with it and I cannot imagine learning anything else. That love makes the days when the grammar goes right over my head and I have no clue what is going on during our lessons with our investigators worth it because I know through the gifts of Heavenly Father and through hard work I can learn this gorgeous, fascinating language. So that was cool.
On saturday we had six hours of lessons and everybody was way loopy so we did a lot of review. At one point Sora Koth had tears running down her face from laughing so hard, I'm not even sure what she was laughing at. We also had a lesson with Florina about repentance, we wrote the five steps and just planned really well for it and it went awesome! Sora Koth still talks way more than I do but I do my best when I am prompted and that's all I can do. George our other investigator is still a work in progress, he still has a hard time praying with faith that he will recieve an answer and we kind of had to crack down and explain that if he does not expect God to help him he will never recognize how God is helping him. But I haven't really had to chastise him again so things are good and we are still friends :). 
Okay then on Sunday Sora Trebas who I just love to death sang Come Thou Fount in sacrament meeting it took me back to sitting on the stand for my farewell and man that feels like FOREVER ago. Wow. Sora Trebas did INCREDIBLE it was one of the prettiest versions I have ever heard. It was truly a tender mercy to hear that song again it brings so much comfort and peace. Heavenly Father knew I needed to hear it.
Okay so get this, Monday our teachers made everyone go to the doctor during class because they could tell they weren't feeling well. Every single Romanian was sick EXCEPT for me. The last three days have been so strange because Sora Trebas and Sora Koth have been sleeping all day long same with Elder Soelberg. On Monday, Sora Routson wasn't feeling good either so I had class alone. SO STRANGE. It was just me and Fraitele Frandsen who is incredible. We talked about how missionaries are the doctors and our investigators are our patients. They come to us becasuse they have symptoms that the Gospel can heal. I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ has something in it for EVERY single one of God's children. We all suffer from different afflictions but the love of God can heal each of us. I have the opportunity to share that message SO COOL. 
So then Sora Routson was feeling better on Tuesday and she came to gym with me where I broke the dips record! Woot woot, it was 11 and I got 15 my name will now be on the records board twice. I'm pretty proud of myself I also ran a 6:38 mile still terrible but at least I am improving. A sister from our zone came up to me the other day in the cafetaria and said "Sora Armstrong will help me make a salad" haha it was really funny but we made our salads together and I have now converted her to cholua sauce. 
So my district looks like the walking dead because they are all so drugged up on cough syrup and advil and then there is me just hopping along in front of them so they don't get me sick it is a pretty funny picture. 
Okay so spiritual thought of the week: I have been studying the life of Christ in the gospel of Matthew. I really want to get to know my Savior bettter. We watched the movie 'The Testaments' on Sunday night and it showed Christ descending to the Nephites. I know there will come a day when Christ looks at me and He will know everything about me because He died for me and has felt my pains and sufferings. I want to be able to look back at him and know him as much as my mortal state will allow. I loved how when Christ calls Peter and the other apostles they immediately follow him, that is the type of disciple I must strive to be. I have so much I need to change about myself and so much I need to learn but I can change through the atonement we can all change through the atonement. Jesus Christ walked among men and preformed miracles. Miracles take faith, me learning this language will be a miracle but just as Christ can heal someone just by them touching his robe He can help me learn this language. I love my Savior and I know He knows me personally and knows each of you personally.
This was proved to me yet again when our teachers started talking about how in Romania the culture respects boldness. Our teacher said that when people ask questions about why they need to be baptized again or why the Priesthood matters, we need to boldly bear our testimonies and they will respect that. I have never had a problem with the whole boldness thing. When our teacher said that it pumped me up. The way he described that part of the Romanian culture it felt like I was Romanian haha. He said the people do not hide their feelings, if you ask how someone is doing they will give you a straight complete answer I love that. It is right up my ally! Don't worry I will still be careful (maybe) but I know that the Lord knows me and my personality and it was so comforting to have it proven yet again that God has a plan for me and has a plan for all of you.
Family and Friends, I love you, I pray for you, I know that God loves you, find joy in your lives everyday. I promise it is there, choose to be happy! 
Mult Dragoste,
Sora Armstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment