Saturday, October 25, 2014

LAST WEEK IN THE MTC

WOOOOHOOOOO Romania here I come!!!!! Do I know how to say where's the bathroom? or ask for directions or talk about anything not related to the gospel of Jesus Christ? Nope but I am so excited YES!!!!
I am also excited to not eat spinach and peanut butter for every meal. But I have loved the MTC. I have had some incredible opportunities and I have gotten to meet some incredible people. It is so interesting hearing everybody's stories of how or why they are on missions but the basic theme is that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is TRUE and because of that knowledge our lives have been so blessed and we want everyone in the world to feel the JOY that this gospel has brought. I love being surrounded by missionaries, I feel like a little college basketball player getting to practice with the dream team. So many powerful testimonies.
So this week was great as always. On thursday Sora K and I got to talk to a real Romanian over skype! It was nuts she was so sweet as soon as she started talking I felt this insane overwhelming love for her. It was not a love I could have felt on my own. She was the sweetest lady and invited me and Sora K over to dinner when we get to her area! We shared a message from President Monson's talk about how our Savior has walked all the paths that we might walk. She bore her testimony to us over skype and wow the spirit pretty much nailed me in the face. I was so nervous before we answered the call just because I did not think she would be able to understand my Romanian and as soon as we answered this feeling of peace entered my heart. This is not my message that I am sharing it is the Lord's and he can do all things even help people feel the spirit through skype, SO COOL! I did totally get my numbers mixed up when we went to read a scripture and I asked her to read a verse that did not exist, I also tried to use a word that did not exist but hey we all have to learn to somewhere. The Lord just likes to have me learn through trial and error and embarrassing experiences but now I really know my numbers! This woman was a woman of incredible spiritual strength and I cannot wait to meet her.
We also had a devotional with Chad Lewis. I love that guy! He shared a story about how his old NFL coach Andy Reid had just baptized one of his assitant coaches and when Brother Lewis was hanging with them in his Andy Reid's personal locker room after the cheifs had just beat the patriots Brother Lewis could see that something was different about this coach, there was a light in this guy's eyes that was unmistakable and Coach Reid noticed Brother Lewis trying to figure out what it was. He said "Chad, this guy (I can't remember his name) just got baptized can you tell?" Brother Lewis could tell. That is I am here because this message can help all people, in all places, at all times! I am sharing a message of joy. We are God's children, He loves us. Because He loves us He sent his son to walk among us. Jesus Christ worked miracles then and now He works miracles in our lives. Our Heavenly Father is a God of miracles. The atonement in itself is a miracle. We all sin we all mess up no one is perfect and no one is better than their bother. Through Christ's atonement we can conquer sin, we can be clean, our guilt can be washed away EVERY SINGLE Sunday. Like wow! All that because our Heavenly Father loves us. This gospel applies to each person on this earth individually because Christ knows us individually. He knows that my struggles are different from your struggles but He will succor us both. That is my message. I am so excited to get to Romania.
My goal for the next 18 months is to become a Romanian I want to be immersed completely in the culture, I want to learn everything about these people. Why they do what they do, what they eat, what they are passionate about EVERYTHING! I am so blessed to have this opportunity, I promise each one of you that I will seize it and learn everything I can. 
I love you all remember: no matter who you are, no matter what you have you done, you have a Savior Jesus Christ, whose arms are open wide. Learn of him. 
I love you all, talk to you from Romania next time!!!!!
Sora Armstrong
 




 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment